University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0319
La Jolla, CA 92093-0319
Oleg G. Shpyrko
- Assistant Professor of Physics, University of California San Diego, 2007-present
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Nanoscale Materials, Argonne National Laboratory, 2005-2007
- Ph.D., Physics, Harvard University, 2004
- APS Proposal Review Panel, Argonne, 2008-2011
- ALS Proposal Panel, Lawrence Berkeley, 2009-present
- LCLS User Organizing Committee, Stanford, 2009-present
- Beam Advisory Team, CHX beamline, NSLS-II, Brookhaven, 2008-present
- Committee of Visitors, MSE, Department of Energy BES, 2012-present
- Development and application of novel coherent x-ray scattering techniques, such as Coherent X-ray Imaging and Dynamics using X-ray Photon Correlation Spectroscopy. I am interested in wide range of materials systems, including Magnetic materials, Strongly Correlated Systems, Complex Oxides, Soft Matter – Liquid Surfaces and Interfaces, Polymer Thin Films and Nanostructures.
- Over the past decade I have performed experiments at more than a dozen of experimental stations around APS ring, including research done at Sectors 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15, 16, 26, 33 and 34, collaborating with many scientists both within Argonne and outside users. I also have been a user of several other DOE user facilities, including ALS, NSLS, LCLS and SNS. My goals are to use my experience to understand and effectively communicate the challenges facing the APS user community, as well as to develop long-term strategies that will keep APS at the forefront of scientific research, particularly important in view of APS Upgrade and a new generation of scattering facilities coming online.