CALLING ALL VIDEO MAKERS! Submit Your Films for the "Usies Awards"!
Videos due Friday, April 27 at 5:00 CST!
Ready to walk the red carpet at a world premier screening of your own movie? The social event and associated dinner for the 2012 APS/CNM/EMC Users Meeting will include the first-ever "Usies Awards" to recognize the best short videos submitted by users from the APS, CNM, and EMC. Videos will be judged by a guest panel.
- Films should be one to two minutes maximum in length.
- Films can be submitted by individual users or groups of users.
- Awards will be presented for Facilities' Best films (one per facility) as well as in the categories of Best Drama, Best Comedy, and Best Documentary (a factual, real-life look at being a user).
Filmakers must ensure that they have permission to video in whatever areas they use for "on location" shoots. Videotaping is not permitted in any CNM laboratory spaces.
Need some ideas to get your creativity going? How about short films like "From Beamline to Eternity," "The Microscopist of Oz," "User Without a Cause," "The Experiment Hutch Redemption, "One Flew over the RF Cavity," "Lord of the Storage Ring," and "Rear Beryllium Window." Videos can also be based on literature or music themes or any other creative way to document your experience as a user!
How to submit: Videos should be in .MOV, .WMV or Quicktime format. Be sure to include your contact information: name, organization, e-mail, and phone number. Since files of this size may cause problems with the Laboratory’s e-mail system, please use one of these methods to submit your video:
- If you’re submitting from within the Lab, the best and simplest method is Argonne’s File Transfer Application at https://webapps.anl.gov/filetransfer. Enter "email@example.com" as the recipient.
- Send on a CD or DVD to Connie Vanni, APS User Office, Building 401, Room B1164, 9700 S. Cass Ave., Argonne, IL 60439. CDs and DVDs will not be returned.
- Stop by with a flash drive at the office above or the office of either Linda Carlson (Building 401, Room B1163) or Carrie Clark (Bldg. 440, CNM User Office).
- Upload your video to YouTube and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.